Training for land managers and consultants
In the UK, a small number of people are responsible for the management of large areas of land. This is true in towns and cities, with parks, golf courses, transport infrastructure, cemeteries and municipal land making up a considerable percentage of greenspace.
In 2013 we launched a unique, day-long training course targeting those people who manage greenspace - the first of it's kind in the UK.
Sor far we have delivered 13 courses, to over 200 professionals in Cambridgeshire, Oxfordshire, Surrey, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire, Suffolk, Kent and London.
If your organisation is interested in this course, we are happy to arrange for a course to be delivered at your time and convenience. Just get in touch.
The course has been rated as 'excellent' by 64% of attendees, and 'good' by 34%.
There are currently seven expert trainers delivering these courses
- Nigel Reeve author of 'Hedgehogs' (1994 - Poyser)
- Derek Crawley Chair of the Staffordshire Mammal Group
- Dave Williams Independent mammal ecologist
- Hugh Warwick Author of 'A Prickly Tale' and 'Beauty in the Beast' and hedgehog enthusiast
- Henry Johnson 'Hedgehog Officer' at PTES and manages Hedgehog Street
- Simone Bullion Consultancy Manager at Suffolk Wildlife Trust and author of Suffolk's Mammals
- Richard Yarnell Lecturer at Nottingham Trent University and hedgehog researcher
I was very impressed by the material provided & the opportunities for discussion.
Edward Boyle, Wildlife and Education Ranger, Ipswich Borough Council
I enjoyed the course and hope to put things learnt to practical use; let’s just hope we are not too late to save the hedgehogs in Florence Park.
Chris Bell, Parks Supervisor, Oxford City Council