Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Boom time in hedgehog DIY industry…. Reply To: Boom time in hedgehog DIY industry….

Something is definitely going here. As I have said SO many times previously, they’re up to something!

Since I wrote the above, every time they take all the fresh hay I put more more out and it all goes again. They’ve taken FAR more than necessary to fill my two bungalows (which I’d half stocked anyway) and yet more disappears presumably to the firm of rogue builders putting up an estate next door. This has now taken a new twist.

Not only is the hay vanishing but also all the dry Spikes food. I give them a mixture of moist and dry and usually they eat all the moist and are a bit “meh” about the dry “well, if that’s all there is I’ll eat it but meh”. Now however they are only taking the dry and mountains of it, I mean LOADS. Too much in fact, I just havn’t got that many hogs! This leads me to a rather scary conclusion……

I think the rogue builders are making structures out of dry food walls and lining them with hay. Or mixing the two together like wattle & daub which with the addition of some good old mud would make a cement like substance. I think they’re extending their command and control bunker under may garden. We’re now at DEFCON 2.

Hedgehog