Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings sightings Reply To: sightings

Just joined the site and forum, our resident ‘hog has been active even with the snow on the ground! She was out this afternoon gobbling up mealworms I’d scattered on the patio for the birds, and probably bits of suet pellets the birds drop under the tree. We have a feeding station, (well two, but the first one isn’t in use, it’s a heavy paving slab on bricks that’s really difficult to keep clean, so I made a new one out of a cheap Wilco’s 14 ltr storage box with a hole cut in one end), and she’d cleaned the plate of kitty kibbles and mealworms which I’d topped up yesterday. She’s been around next door as well, my girlfriend could see her tracks in the snow.
I made a number of sleeping quarters out of upturned old plastic flowerpots, but only one has been used, and she’s around every day, even in the daytime recently; I guess being warmer during the day, and being within an environment she’s familiar with and comfortable in, she’s happy to be out during daylight hours.

Hedgehog