Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Advice on fleas and ticks Reply To: Advice on fleas and ticks

Hello

thank you so much for the advice. Just this evening I carefully and quietly checked the hedgehog house as I hadn’t seen the hog for a few days on the trail camera. The hog house was empty and i took the opportunity to clean it out (there was quite a bit of hog poo in there!). On cleaning I also found probably about 20 ticks in there :-S
Some were dead, whilst quite a few others where crawling! I totally emptied it out, and cleaned up as best as I could. Now that I have read these replies I will go at it again tomorrow (given the hog has not returned overnight). I will clean both the hog house and the feeding box (situated in totally different parts of the garden) with both boiling water and I will make up that essential oil spray also and spritz that in there too. The poor hog – I wish I had checked the hoghouse sooner, but since I bought it about 2 months ago the resident had moved in pretty sharpish, and so I thought best to leave it well alone and leave the hog in peace to get on with life 🙁

I hope that the hog returns – it might have been too many ticks for him/her to deal with. Will update if that is ok. Many thanks for both your help.

Hedgehog