Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales My tribe! Reply To: My tribe!

Hi Foggyparrot
Sounds like your very lucky to have so many hogs visiting, what fun!
I’ve not been on the forum long, but I’ve found it invaluable in learning about hedgehogs.
A word of caution though, one thing I have learnt is to avoid feeding meal worms as they have very little nutritional value and can cause actual harm to hogs, particularly the little ones!
I know they love them and can become addicted to them. But as new studies have shown meal worms to be harmful it sort of negates the whole purpose of trying to help them survive!
Nic put a really interesting post on the forum about the harmful effects – might be worth you reading it.
Happy hog watching! x

Hedgehog