Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog sightings Reply To: Hedgehog sightings

Living in Cornwall I have expected my hogs to hibernate later than elsewhere. There was a short period when they were not around but the past week I have seen the small, medium and large hogs coming for food and drink. I have two houses but it would seem that they are not using those as they eat and wander off.
It has been a concern of mine as to when I can clean the two houses and refresh the bedding – concern that they may be occupied with hibernating hogs has stopped me. However no video sighting of any of them entering and leaving suggests I could have a look now. I did have video recording of them going in and out of the houses in September and October.
My plan is to wait for a dry day and inspect both houses, if unoccupied I shall change the bedding and straw – is that a good plan?

Hedgehog