Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings New hedgehog resident, know little about them but looking for advice Reply To: New hedgehog resident, know little about them but looking for advice

Yeah, the hogs are coming out earlier and earlier now it’s getting dark so soon. I guess it’s more time for them to forage but I must admit I find the early evenings depressing. If you can watch out for it you might work out if it’s actually living in your garden or coming in from elsewhere. They can hide away in odd corners… During the summer I had a hedgehog that always seemed to visit first thing in the morning. It wasn’t until we saw the baby hogs that I realised she was nesting in our garden and every morning we saw her coming home to bed. The nest was in a tiny area of long grass, which even now I swear was not big enough for even one hog, let alone mother hog and three hoglets.

Hedgehog