Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Out in the day picked up and at rescue centre Reply To: Out in the day picked up and at rescue centre

Hi Nic, you know I was able to do a good assessment of the shape and overall look of the hoggie (apart from the obvious fact it was out in the day) because I had taken an online basic first aid course with a hedgehog rescue in York called Little Silver Hedgehog. It was so good that I knew what to do and in what order. Like don’t give it food, but keep it warm. It doesn’t make me an expert and I certainly couldn’t and wouldn’t attempt look after one, but I knew what the correct thing to do was. Because of the course, I had a ready made kit of container, paper, towel and bottle (to fill with warm water) and a list of rescue centres/vets. It stopped me from panicking. I do want to stress that that was the purpose of the course and not about how to treat sick or injured ones-which would be totally wrong.

Hedgehog