Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Which food do you find Hedgehogs prefer Reply To: Which food do you find Hedgehogs prefer

It is very reassuring to read so many people worry about what ‘their’ hedgehogs do or don’t, should or shouldn’t eat. ‘Ours’, as discussed in a different thread, only deign to eat Spikes semi-moist – served on a silver platter. Ok, I made the last thing up. I have learned from this forum, however, that if I should persist in putting out a high quality dog or cat food, in time they might get to like it. Most interesting.
They are so funny in their set ways. How they eat the same thing, quite often at the same time, and how they take the same walk, also quite often at the same time. I started my love affair with them 3 years ago and despite my husband’s best efforts at holding out, this year he slid and tumbled down the slippery slope of adoration and now he talks about ‘our’ hedgehogs and looks up information online. It’s an honour and a privilege to look after them.

Hedgehog