Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Spring has sprung, they’re back! Reply To: Spring has sprung, they’re back!

Hi Nic

No idea what happened there, no I didn’t keep a copy unfortunately.

Activity has been up & down but last night someone left a giant hog poo in one of the feeders – thank you for that whoever it was. Most nights food taken, mostly all of it & by the mouse droppings they help out too. I scrubbed out the nest box & put it in the back garden as the front isn’t seeing any action , fresh dust free hay with a thick layer of newspaper under it & waiting to see if anybody moves in. There’s a bucket on its side with more hay under cover next to it as I know they like to make their own nests however nicely you may have filled the nest for them.

Good though it was to see the grass snake I’m glad it’s moved on so your frogs are safe again, is the hog still nesting in the feeder?

My pigeon pal is still visiting some days, the others definitely think he’s nuts sitting on my hand. He smells lovely, impossible to describe, beautiful grey feathers with dark banding & he happily flies to my hand as soon as I hold it out.

Hope this post stays on the site!!

Hedgehog