Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Autumn juvenile – intervene or not? Reply To: Autumn juvenile – intervene or not?

Nic

Well done GavinJ. Glad to hear two little ones are safely at the hog rescue now. I hope they do well. Great news that the adults are grateful for your efforts and are nest building!

Yes, it’s really important to keep an eye out for hoglets. They will often turn up late when they haven’t been seen before. Possibly where they came from have stopped feeding or they have just moved further afield. So I leave my cameras running all winter in case. Even non-hibernators might turn up unexpectedly and would welcome some supplementary food. But also some hibernate really late and some come out of hibernation really early – underweight. So it’s a good idea to keep a look out for them.

Good luck with the weighing tonight daffydill.

Well done accessing some leaves, Kitty878. I hope the hogs make good use of them. Good luck to the little hog.

Hedgehog