Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Is 4 pm considered daytime for seeing a hedgehog out feeding? Reply To: Is 4 pm considered daytime for seeing a hedgehog out feeding?

Nic

Don’t worry daffydill, I think we probably all worry about the hogs and it isn’t always completely clear what is the best thing to do – especially with regard to late youngsters. But, yes, it can be light later here, too, if it’s a nice sunny day.

I have been having to leave kitten biscuits outside as the hoglets here at the moment don’t seem to like boxes and have a preference for eating on the grass. I’ve tried to coax them into the food box, but they never get past just inside the entrance. Luckily they don’t seem to mind if the kitten biscuits get a bit soggy when it rains. The consolation is that the camera gets a good view and the birds seem to eat any leftovers.

Good luck with the hogs there.

Hedgehog