Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again Reply To: Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again

Nic

Hi Annie and everyone,

So exciting – the first hog of the season caught on camera last night! I had mentally been thinking about 3rd March and there he was – only about 20 minutes early!

But as if that wasn’t exciting enough – some frog spawn appeared! Not where I might have expected/hoped for – some in a deep semi-pond plant saucer and some on the ground. I saw what was on the ground first and put some of it in that semi-pond, but then realised there was already some in there, but not a huge amount. Unfortunately that isn’t in the camera view, so I don’t know what happened, but potentially the hog might have gone for a drink there and disturbed the frog – or possibly a cat, although there wasn’t one caught on the nearer camera. So now I’ll just have to wait to see if anything hatches – and keep topping up those saucers! There are two big frogs in the pond. Watch this space for any possible new arrivals!

I hope all is well with you, the hogs there, etc. Spring is really on the way. We are so lucky that we have that to look forward to. If only everyone could.

Hedgehog