Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Dead hedgehog Reply To: Dead hedgehog

Hi

I’m new to this forum and have a question please. We have several regular visitors to our garden and have been feeding them for several years without any issues. Recently I found two dead hogs within the space of a week and apart from some damage caused by Magpies (post-mortem I think) there was no obvious cause. I’m worried that they might have picked up some bug from the area below our nearby bird feeding station (they were close to it) although it’s never happened before. Is there a safe disinfectant we can use to wash and clean the area?

Hedgehog