Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat BHPS A24 TRAP PETITION POSTERS & LEAFLETS Reply To: BHPS A24 TRAP PETITION POSTERS & LEAFLETS

Nic

Have just sent my second letter to DEFRA. I wonder whether Dr. Coffey will take the trouble to answer it herself this time.

The only site selling the A24 trap which actually mentioned hedgehogs – but only if you scrolled right down – said
‘If there is any chance that there is hedgehog activity in the area you are trying to target; it is the responsibility of the trapper to stop hedgehog interaction with the trap’

Bearing in mind that a substantial portion of the population don’t even realise they have hedgehogs visiting their gardens and that hedgehogs can travel quite large distances, and their habitats are wide and varied, this instruction is not worth much.

On a lighter note, I now have two huge hoglets home from overwintering, ready for release this evening. At least one is a beautiful looking female. One of the old girls disappeared last year, so it’s good to know there is a new one.

Hedgehog