Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Cleaning Hog Houses Reply To: Cleaning Hog Houses

Thanks Nic. Good point about the hogs in care, they don’t have a choice!

Spring and Autumn makes sense, to avoid breeding and hibernation. No spare houses I’m afraid, just the 2 I made hurriedly last year to cater for a couple of the Autumn juveniles we had. I think it was on Wildlife Online I read studies have shown that hogs naturally move fairly regularly and because of the numbers visiting there must be plenty of places nearby to nest.

I noticed one hog with a tick last week, so perhaps now is a good time for a Spring clean. A job for the weekend I think.

Hedgehog