Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat A Sad Day For Hedgehogs Reply To: A Sad Day For Hedgehogs

Hi Annie & Nic,

I watched Pam on Springwatch and she was very good, but like you say Nic, only read part of the poem. I think they said that the book would be available from the BHPS. ‘Meet The Hedgehogs’ was very good too….And I thought I was obsessed!

I wish I could say that one of our hog houses was occupied with a mother and hoglets, but since Simba vacated the log pile last summer there have been no new tenants. The log pile has been extended and now has full en-suite facilities with extra hay and dried leaves available close by. Both the hog houses have now been relocated to spacious plots in dappled shade with far reaching views across the lawn, but still no takers. The only tenant for the log pile has been a rather smug looking frog found sitting in the doorway and one of the hog houses seems to be occupied by a tarantula! The web across the entrance is so thick that it has slug trails across it!

Hedgehog