Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings and 1 makes 5 Reply To: and 1 makes 5

Hello Nic

Well the steps worked. Saw one hoglet using them. Hurrah. We had just four visitors last night at the usual time. The dish feeder by the doors was ignored for ages and three medium sized hogs were down on the lower patio feeding. Then they all dispersed for garden patrol. One hoglet finally came to the dish feeder by the doors and was munching away quite happily – no worms. The main reason we have been supplementing their diet is to get the two little ones to the acceptable weight for hibernation. The way they are growing though I don’t think there will be any worries there!

By the way – this is how I first knew that we had a hedgehog. I saw one eating the bird food left on the ground (for the ground feeding birds) one night. We then decided to keep more of a vigil and put out more food that the hedgehog would like. We were so excited when we saw two, then three etc – as I mentioned previously we now have seven! They might have been around for a while but we just didn’t know about them. Always had a tendency to draw the curtains early….. not any more!

Hedgehog