Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic

920!!!! Good grief. The camera has been returned to the garden here a few times & food placed under Frank’s house again but just 2 cats (including his nibs) making their appearance & a large number of happy slugs appear to be eating the food even though it’s either dry or semi moist.

Sounds as if Hognut & Hoglover both have my trouble with missing visitors, rather a worry. Feel like patrolling the streets after dark looking for hogs but as I’m blind other than light & lots of swirly patterns in one eye & lot of floaters in the other think that might prove difficult. If there are any Neighbourhood Watches around I may get into trouble too! Makes you want to know where they’ve gone though doesn’t it?

Pigeon landed on my outstretched hand yesterday & ate out of my palm, I know they’re very sociable birds but it was such a treat to have a little wild bird sitting trustingly with his perfect red feet holding my fingers. He’s now named Pete by the way, thought it was time to have a name for him. Wish people weren’t so down on them, they’re just birds being themselves & are only around because we humans provide food. Seagulls only populate towns etc because of the huge amount of dropped food people leave then they blame the birds for being there. Must say I’d prefer not to have lots of pigeon poo though! Earlier in the year I couldn’t move outside in the morning for hog poo, they were happy days.

Hope Digger’s managing to keep her unwanted suitor away from her & also the missing lady hog has returned.

Hedgehog