Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat What video cameras would people recommend for watching hedgehogs Reply To: What video cameras would people recommend for watching hedgehogs

Hi Maggsy,

I had been using a Bushnell NatureView camera which has been reliable. I have lent it out to any local friends who wish to find out more about night time visitors (especially those who think they have rats, but are pleasantly surprised to find they have hedgehogs instead).

This gave me the excuse to buy another camera for me as a spare. I bought recently a Crenova Trail camera which is very similar but has a screen you can view what you record. What I also found interesting was that on the recording as well as the date/time stamp it puts the temperature, very useful at this time of year with hibernation coming up.

Temperatures are very up and down at the moment, last night very cold and not much activity, but one night this week it was 11c and I had one hedgehog at the feeding station.

The Crenova was also a lot more affordable and I found easier to set up.

During the winter, I watch all the clips as I miss my visitors when they are hibernating, the place seems empty without them, sniff, 🙁

Hedgehog