Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog autumn juvenile Reply To: autumn juvenile

Last winter I fed hedgehogs every night outside all through the winter. I have a camera rigged up by the feeding station. This year I have at least four September born hoglets all seen feeding together. They know where to come for food as I have encouraged them all through the year with mealworms (when there is plenty of natural foods around) and hedgehog biscuits and water but stop giving them mealworms in the autumn these young ones don’t hibernate the adults have all hibernated. I have plenty of places for them to go for shelter eight hedgehog homes and plenty of woodpiles. I think if you normally put food at a feeding station you should carry on for the ones that are too young to hibernate. You shouldn’t assume all hedgehogs hibernate because I was surprised by my findings last year.

Hedgehog