Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hibernation Reply To: Hibernation

Hi,
I thought that all my hogs had gone off to hibernate as i havent seen any movement on camera for 2 weeks. That was until 0545 this morning, I heard a rustling near my back door and thought it’s probably one of the neighbours cats trying to get at the hog food, but it was a hog. I have no idea where he’s come from and why he’s not tucked up in bed as it was -1 here this morning.
I checked the occupied hog house and the hog that set up camp is still in there (even though I had to take him out back in October so I could clean the house out, was worried that he would go else where but I think he’d decided to stay as there was food on tap for him- fingers crossed he makes it through to spring).
So even more food put out tonight incase he decides to come back. Hope he hibernates soon as it’s really cold.

Hedgehog