Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Looking for tips on caring for a juvenile Reply To: Looking for tips on caring for a juvenile

I found a young hedgehog (about 10 weeks old) out in the daytime a couple of weeks ago. Normally they say if you find a hedgehog out during the day you should take it to the vets. This one had a definite lung infection and where I was I knew the local vet would treat it. Unfortunately it died. The vets where I live now don’t treat wildlife and rely on the goodwill of individuals to look after the wildlife which is sad they are few and far between in rural communities.

Hedgehog