Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN! Reply To: NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN!

Hi Nic, Penny

Thank you for the encouragement Nic.

Yes, those steps are a problem too Penny. Our village is quite hilly and many properties have a steep flight of steps to the front door. Some years ago I was 2 rungs up a stepladder, forgot where I was, and just stepped backwards. The result was a broken foot. I’m petrified of doing something similar again.

My constituency has the darkest colour but even so that equates to only 52 signatures (and my husband and I are 2 of those). Yes truly very disappointing.

I know you’re both looking at the figures for each petition too. Of course it’s not a petition competition – but the daily rate of signatures obtained is far higher for the other petition. Also, since I went to bed last night, the other one has gained around 270 more signatures whilst ours only 90. I can’t understand it. My gut feeling is that the other one is tapping into a source that we aren’t, but if so I haven’t the foggiest what that could be. Or maybe people just access the petitions website, put hedgehogs into the search box and sign the first petition they come across.

I’ll be off out again soon, for the last time this week. I’ve been lucky with the weather this week but it looks as though next week we’re back to the usual rain. I won’t be venturing out in that, no one is going to read a soggy mess!

Whatever the outcome, at the very least we’ll have the satisfaction of knowing we did our best.

Hedgehog