Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings first hog of 2018 Reply To: first hog of 2018

OOPS!
didn’t realize i had 2 hogs. Last weekend the grass clump door i had added to my hog house had been rolled away and the bit of Spikes in the feeder had gone. last 2 nights it has really stuffed its face and also been thru the hole under the fence to next door. Any way the 13 year old 15ft tall clump forming bamboo, that the house is next to, has suddenly run 12 feet along underground and come up in my greenhouse.This really must come out, so as hog was obviously awake, i just went out to move the house 6 feet to the other side of the bamboo, not wanting to leave it to breeding time. The house is covered is spare pond liner heaped with old grass cuttings,and as i started clearing them i suddenly noticed spikes which twitched slightly. so quickly covered it up again.
It has obviously not been awake as the grass was well compacted over it.

Hedgehog