Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN! Reply To: NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN!

Nic

Hi Hogmeister, Catherine and Penny

I think you may be using the wrong email for Emily, Hogmeister. The email I have is hedgehog@ptes.org
I agree with you about the social media thing, Catherine, the people who use it often don’t seem to realise that there are loads of people who don’t. If it had been me, I think I would have emailed back and pointed that out!

However, I usually find Emily is fairly quick at replying. Although it seems back to front, it seems to me good news if not everyone got their emails, because it would explain why so comparatively few responded and gives hope for getting more signatures. I wouldn’t encourage too many people to send emails to Emily about this, though, as I think one should be enough. We don’t want to have her time wasted when she could be getting on with more important things, for instance, possibly re-doing the emails and other hoggy duties she has to perform. It is just possible that she was staggering the emails. 48,000 is a lot to send at one time.

I think it is important to remember that we and Emily are clearly on the same side. She has been doing a good job, not least in tidying up various of the information on Hedgehog Street and her work on The State of Hedgehogs 2018. Until very recently the A24 petition has been on the home page of Hedgehog Street and the top item in the news section.

I don’t know, but it is possible, that as the 38 degree petition has been doing so well that they are tending to rely on that now. I can’t see how the government can ignore a petition with that many signatures, even if it isn’t one of theirs. It was always a big ask after the gov. petition was cancelled the first time round to get everyone motivated all over again for what many people may have thought they had already signed. I do think it is still possible to reach the 100,000, but it needs some serious motivation and I know my efforts at motivation are insignificant in that respect.

I think the important thing is, we are all on the same side and we all need to work together for the hogs.

Hedgehog