Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN! Reply To: NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN!

Hi, Nic, Catherine, Hogmeister & Jan-Marie,

Sorry that your hog numbers are down Nic, hopefully with the weather warming up this week they will all return safely. Like you Catherine, I think most of ours have returned, there were three of them on the doorstep last night, although I am really struggling to work out who’s who. I hope that your 3-legged lady returns, at least you should have no problem in identifying her!

Re the petition, because the weather has been so bad of late (no change there then!) I have only managed (with help) to deliver around 500 leaflets. One of my friends has been putting up the posters in some very prominent places such as schools etc, but since we began, only 60 signatures have been added to the petition in our constituency which is very disappointing indeed. I don’t want to sound negative and now that the weather has finally picked up I will be out there delivering the remaining 2000 in the hope that some very well connected people on social media will then spread the word. The 38 Degrees petition has now reached over 183,000 and as far as I can tell, it has all been through social media. They send out very powerful emails to people from their vast database, designed to tug at the heartstrings and it obviously works incredibly well. But like you say Nic, if every member of Hedgehog Street made it their mission to get at least five other people to sign, we would reach that magic 100,000 figure, to trigger a debate in parliament, in no time at all. Apart from hopefully getting this horrendous trap withdrawn from sale, a debate in parliament would also help raise general awareness of our beloved hedgehogs plight and the many other perils that they face.

Hedgehog