Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN! Reply To: NEW BHPS PETITION AGAINST A24 TRAP, PLEASE SIGN!

Jan-Marie, that’s brilliant, perhaps the two hughs could work together, I am sure that they would make a great team.

I am starting to despair about the amount of new developments too. We live near a small town and every time I drive in now I could weep; what used to be farmers fields surrounded by trees and hedgerows, is now a scene of environmental vandalism! On both sides of the road on the way in, the trees and hedgerows have all been ripped up and replaced with metal fencing in readiness for the building of over a thousand new homes on Crown Estate land. Needless to say that any objection was futile, despite the fact that at rush hour the roads are already gridlocked! If this was just an isolated development then it wouldn’t seem so bad, but this is happening everywhere that you look, I have never witnessed new developments on green belt land on such a massive scale before, our wildlife needs somewhere to live too! 🙁

Hedgehog