Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog advice (2 living together) Reply To: Hedgehog advice (2 living together)

Hogs sleeping in the wrong place can be tricky but one solution I’ve had success with is to give them somewhere far nicer to live that is close by. I had one sleeping under a shrub I wanted to remove so I got a proper hedgehog house, filled it with new hay and hid a couple of small lumps of food in it to persuade it to at least have a look and I put it a few yards away behind another shrub – he/she moved house the next night!

The problem you might have with that is that you have two of the things who might be happy living together at the moment but you’d probably need two houses. It’s unlikely that they’d move into a new place together.

Alternatively, one night when they’ve gone out sort your shed out and replace the plastic bags with something safer. They may not like it and move out anyway; they don’t like having “their stuff” disturbed (just as we don’t!).

Hedgehog