Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Advice on Pond Escape Ramps Reply To: Advice on Pond Escape Ramps

It’s actually a series of tubs or “ponds” next to each other. So there is a Lifepond with gently sloping sides but next to it is a deep pond. The deep pond is a rectangular tub about 60 cm deep. That is raised, but if an animal got into the Lifepond they could conceivably cross over into the deeper pond.

I like the idea of your “beach area” so I think I will incorporate that into the deeper pond.

Just thinking of the worst case scenario, but does anyone know how high a hoglet can pull themselves up?

Hedgehog