Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hedgehog seen in the morning – could this be a problem? Reply To: Hedgehog seen in the morning – could this be a problem?

Jens – your video is a lovely example of hog behaviour – and looks like quite a character as well, almost ready to push you out of the way I think at one point.
Interesting to see you have lighter colouring of hogs in Sweden? – but I guess they have evolved the colouring variation as a result of daylight camouflage needs. Or is the one on the video unique in that respect?
Marion – I would be tempted to keep a keen eye on emerging hogs in the daylight here in the UK – its not ‘normal’ behaviour and can be a sign of stress or flagging unwellness. Perhaps his nest has been disturbed? it may be that he is simply hungry of course – but if it continues for more than a couple of days – probably worth getting him checked out – they do hide signs of illness to avoid predation.

Hedgehog