Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Fostering Reply To: Fostering

Not sure I have a solution as such for you but I got in touch with my local hedgehog rescue to help out and ended up overwintering 2 hogs this winter and have 3 cages ready at any time… I only get the ones which aren’t Ill any more and just need fattening up. I offered to do this to make space as the rescue was full to bursting however I have a pygmy hedgehog at home as well as numerous other animals which I think gave the lady who runs the rescue a bit more confidence in me. My point is maybe ask people who want to help/volunteer if they have the space if they could foster as you do, the hogs who pretty much just need feeding and cleaning each day and a big clean and weighing once a week. And in winter there isn’t much to do at all if they hibernate. I have to say my 2 have just been released 2 weeks ago and I miss cleaning up their mess and getting a little peak if I went out in the evening to check on them =)

Hedgehog