Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat 10 TOP TIPS TO HELP HEDGEHOGS IN HEDGEHOG AWARENESS WEEK Reply To: 10 TOP TIPS TO HELP HEDGEHOGS IN HEDGEHOG AWARENESS WEEK

Hi Nic,

I do think the magic wand in standing any chance of getting both these petitions over the line, is by getting them in the right vehicle. By that I mean promoted by the people we know have empathy for hedgehog plight, and the public recognition at the same time.
I have myself contacted Chris Grayling – who said he wasn’t keen on the traps (?). I’ve also reached out to Hugh Fernley Whittingstall and Hugh Warwick (who I know has said something already on the matter – but no harm in another soap box and another corner I say). I sent a request to help to Brian May – a reknown Hedgehog advocat – runs his own Hedgehog Hospital?
No responses from the Hughs or Brian – but I’ve not given up hope of some onboarding from any of them.
I sent an e-mail to the BBC Breakfast programme asking them to do a feature on it – again no response – yet.
My son contacted Chris Packham – no response – yet.

Could / would Tiggywinkles be able and or willing to do something here to help promote both petitions? they would get a lot of public attention and buy in.
Could / would Fay Vass of BHPS be able to get a TV slot on it to promote hedgehog awareness week?
Has anybody else any thoughts on a suitable promotion tactic that could be used – as you say – time is running out and appetite for another run at it would just likely run out of energy.

Hedgehog