Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog Chirping Reply To: Hedgehog Chirping

Hi Jan-Marie,

Thank you for sending over the link to the hog sounds really interesting to hear all the different noises they make and what they mean.

The chirping noise is different to the sound I’m hearing, although its similar but not as high pitch, and none of the other sounds relate to the sound I’m hearing either. The hog I’m seeing is an independent adult but hope its content whatever the noise is its making!

As for the other hog yes it was breezy so maybe it was downwind as I know their eyesight isn’t great as the smaller hog certainly was aware of the larger hog as it was looking straiight at him and watching him.

I had a male courting a female last night lots of huffing and circling by the male with the female doing that jumping/jolting and huffing thing in response which seems to mean she wasn’t interested and he gave up eventually although he persevered for a long time.

Happy hogging.

Hedgehog