Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Such a shame Reply To: Such a shame

Feeling rather despondent today. We too have had another road casualty (Nic – you may remember I mentioned the last two on another thread recently). We think the hog was one that we had seen the other night and appearing rather lame. Whether this was a contributory factor in its demise I don’t know, but every time this happens it feels like a dagger through the heart. It is a difficult dilemma as we do not want to block them from going about their business (not least because it could limit their ability to find mates), but at the same time this loss just feels so senseless. I really wish people would take more care (perhaps it is a city mentality – who knows). As you say Nic, they’d avoid a rock wouldn’t they? Anyway, this leaves us with three hedgehogs that we know about (I am hoping we have, or will have more). I’m really praying that we can still get the numbers up this year, particularly after our efforts with the hibernation boxes etc. over winter.

Hedgehog