Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog boxes Reply To: Hedgehog boxes

Hi Nic thanks for your reply.
I will try to keep you informed about the bees nest, to be honest I didn’t know at the time what species of bee they was, but after looking on the Internet, I discovered they are tree bees, which are not native bees, I think they was discovered over here in 2001 roughly, which are believed not to be a threat to our native bees, and they are woodland bees, but over here, are now taking up residence in people’s gardens and nesting in bird boxes and are good pollinators, I couldn’t really find a great deal of information about them, maybe that’s because they are relatively new over here, they’re life cycle is quite different from most native bees, but I’m not going to blabber on about that, as I will more likely give false information accidentally, as I am going to after reread about them again 🙂

Anyway hope all the wildlife that visit your garden is thriving and doing well and hope things are going good for you too, I enjoy reading your post when I visit this site as I find them very informative

Hedgehog