Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog off to hospital Reply To: Hedgehog off to hospital

The rescue lady I work with showed me the technique and it seems to work quite well most of the time, but can be tricky with resistant hogs, when you are probably better leaving for a while as they just become more tense and anxious. Neither she nor I handle overwintering hogs daily, once they are ‘fixed’ I tend to leave any in my care alone in their own built nests and simply clean out the feeding and toileting areas daily. some I dont actually see for weeks and then only for a weigh in if I know they are taking food regularly.
there are some good clips on youtube Penny for removing hedgehog ticks – its a slick twisting action with those special tools – far safer than tweezers – and most satisfying to rid them of those horrible little parasites (i dont know what the point of such creatures are – other than to cause us grief).

Hedgehog