Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

A take over.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings A take over.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have a lovely cat kennel that is lined with straw & a self heating pad. However my cat has been left out in the cold as the hedgehog has decided to move in. I have 2 hogs that come into the garden so it was a lovely surprise to find one of them curled up in the straw. It’s good to know he feels safe to nest near my back door. I been trying to encourage them to use the hedgehog house but they prefer go for the take over.
    I shall be closely watching on my cctv.
    🙂

Nic

Hi Annie

Interesting you should say that, because the other Annie had a similar thing happen with her cat kennel last year, although not sure it was complete with self heating pad! Why use a hog house when there is such a lovely cat kennel to use!

Hi Nic
    That is interesting to know. Well my cat is pretty tough but seems hedgehogs take priority. It’s interesting to see him/her on cctv coming & going into the kennel during the night. I love the fact he feel safe in the yard so close to my back door. I hope he chooses to hibernate there now – especially as I’ve had to order a new shelter for the cat. (Though he spends most of his time in the house) 😻

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog