Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Loss of Appetite Reply To: Loss of Appetite

Nic, I know just what you mean about the pros and cons of being able to recognize different hogs. Even though I can’t tell my visitors apart, I’m always uneasy when they don’t turn up. The other night I managed to spot one leaving the garden and wanted to see which direction he headed off in. I live near a road junction – thankfully not a main road, and miraculously traffic-free that night, because he made straight for the middle of the road and looked like he meant to stay there! My heart was in my mouth, and I was about to go and move him on (although in my pyjamas!), when he ambled off. My other half says we can’t control what happens to wild animals, but you can’t help feeling protective of them, and a bit proprietorial.
As for hoglets, have never seen any young ones, and my hog house appears uninhabited at present. There’s been a lot of goings-on in the garden romantically speaking though, so am at least hoping to see some babies dropping in.

Hedgehog