Talk to your neighbours
For hedgehogs one garden just isn’t enough. That’s why we need you to convince your neighbours to care about hedgehogs as much as you do.
We have a huge range of FREE downloadable resources that will help you get your own Hedgehog Street up and running. From just putting a leaflet through a letterbox, to giving a talk to your local community – every little helps to raise awareness of the plight of our spiny friends.
Here are some ideas:
- Hand out some of our Top 10 tips leaflets at work, school, or any events(we can also post these out to you free of charge!)
- Print off some invitations and post them through your neighbours doors in advance so they know about the project before you knock and talk to them
- Put posters at the local bus stop, post office or just around your town or village to encourage people to join in
- Give a hedgehog talk to your community
- Talk to any local developers about hedgehog conservation in new builds and use our planning advice here
- Or share our farmers guide with any local land owners you may know
Read our step by step guidance for more ideas and advice on how to get your neighbours involved.
Good luck and let us know how you get on by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – your feedback will help us to continue to update and improve these resources…