Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Loss of Appetite Reply To: Loss of Appetite

Nic

Hi Dizzydog

I had a hog who used to cross the road. I don’t know whether she still does, but it is a worry. I used to look out for her to see where she came from, but after a bit I stopped. I couldn’t bear the thought of seeing her being run over. I just keep hoping that she will move to this side of the road. Having said that, your other half is right, of course, but like you say, it is difficult not to feel protective of them.

I also saw a lucky one once, who was in the middle of the road with a car approaching – luckily the car stopped. Phew, that was a relief.

Things have gone a bit quieter here. I hope it is because the females are having hoglets. But like, you there was a bit of courtship going on a couple of nights ago, but he seemed to give up rather quickly. Luckily a third female has turned up. For a long time there was only one 5 year old female, which was a bit worrying. She is missing at the moment, so I’m hopeful for hoglets from her.

Hedgehog