Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings I now know where all my hedghogs have gone Reply To: I now know where all my hedghogs have gone

Hi Kim, I share your anguish. Few years back I had a badger come in the garden and take a hedgehog. I remember it was a very dry spring, and it had to come up from the woods. Looked like a juvenile badger to me. More than likely found my garden by accident. Came three nights in a row. The last night I shouted at it, was one thirty in the morning. Lucky for me have not seen a badger since. There is a sett down in the woods here, but that was the first time I had ever seen one this far up. Can only conclude with the very dry spring, the worms were farther down in the ground there making it harder to find food, so had to forage farther afield.
They don’t normally like human contact and run away, yours may be an urban badger so see humans on a regular basis, plus they may be fed by your neighbours, thus encouraging them.

Willpar.

Hedgehog