Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings I now know where all my hedghogs have gone Reply To: I now know where all my hedghogs have gone

kim

Hi Penny, no I did not see the Chris Packham program, interesting, it also explains why my front lawn has been dug up so much, I thought it was the hedgehogs until I did some research and realized badgers eat worms as well, I did not realise they eat so many though! 3kg heck
Whenever man gets involved the balance of nature is disturbed.
Hi Willpar, the neighbours around here are anything but interested in nature. They won’t be feeding badgers, no way. Even broaching the subject of a few holes through fences for the hedgehogs was like pulling hens teeth and met with lifted eyebrows. 🙂
The badger set locations it seems are guarded with great secrecy by the badger society. Would have been nice if they had taken the time to reply to one of my emails to hear their thoughts.

I don’t want to demonise badgers, but badgers are anything but in decline and hedgehogs are. The building of 1000s houses that is going on here on what was so called green belt land is crazy. In which case they should be culling them or relocating badgers farther afield. My experience of badgers to date has only been when on holiday down in Devon one night and they were a pretty nervous lot. The one I saw was more brazen than a fox. Which to me is a worrying sign.

Hedgehog