Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales The X Files Cont'd… Reply To: The X Files Cont'd…

Hi Nic, Jan-Marie,

I like the idea (I think) of ‘mini aliens’, we always assume that if they are out there, that they would be a similar size to ourselves, but why not miniature.
Whilst we are on the subject of miniature, I see that you have spotted miniature parcels lying around Jan-Marie, hopefully you will get a glimpse of the hoglets very soon. Nagini’s mother kept them well hidden last year and it was only because Nagini was poorly that a neighbour found her out in the heat of the day. The cameras didn’t pick up her siblings until they were quite large, even though there was plenty of evidence that they were around.

Many years ago, we were on a canal walk miles from anywhere, when we spotted a mother and her three hoglets tagging along behind. It was a hot summer’s day and we had no idea at the time that they shouldn’t have been out during the hours of daylight or that they might have been thirsty and trying to get to the water in the canal…Eeek! If only I knew then what I know now and what a rare privilege it was to see them.

Any signs of any more females yet Nic or is the next generation of hoglets still all down to Digger?

The bossy hog, who is indeed the ‘boss’ for now, is quite manic and is primed to attack anything that moves, even Nagini has been singled out for a biffing on occasion, before he realised the error of his ways that is.

We might not have any hoglets yet, but we certainly have young squirrels. Five of the young hooligans have managed to completely destroy three bird feeders in just over a week…so much for their own feeder! Very cute though.

https://flic.kr/p/26RSNQa

https://flic.kr/p/26w6ovH

Hedgehog