Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings The perils of trying to predict hedgehogs Reply To: The perils of trying to predict hedgehogs

Nic

Hi Phil1

Afraid to say, I couldn’t work out where the kicking leg was! I think you really need someone who has seen hogs giving birth to know whether that is what it was. But, apparently hogs will sometimes eat their babies if they are disturbed when they are tiny, and I suppose it’s possible they might do the same if they thought something was amiss with them or they were born dead or something. I know it sounds horrid, but it’s nature’s way, I suppose, of making use of what she has just put in to producing them.

I have seen a hog having sort of spasms, too, DwarfHog and imagined she was coughing, but it looked a bit different from the video.

I cant remember Phil1. Do we know she is definitely a female?

Hedgehog