Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings The perils of trying to predict hedgehogs Reply To: The perils of trying to predict hedgehogs

Sorry, I wrote the above post from memory, when I rewatched the video now, I’d say the hog is lying more horizontally in the frame, with her rear end to the left and head to the right; she is lying on her left hand side though. As you watch you can see a single piece of straw in the centre of the frame, at about 19sec in her ear appears quite clearly just to the right of the piece of straw.

No, I don’t know for sure its a female – to me it looks like the one that nested and produced 3 hoglets in the box last year – but my experience of telling hedgehogs apart is not large :-).

Dwarfhog; no I don’t think this is a coughing fit, the rear leg is doing the most movement. Although I’ve only uploaded a short section of this, these esipodes came and went over a period of an hour and then were repeated (albeit less clearly) the following night. After the episodes on both nights, the hog seemed to recover from it, went out of the house, got a drink of water, had a normal flea-scratch and ambled off in the direction of the food bowl (but didn’t eat from it) …

Hedgehog