Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Video footage of our day walker Reply To: Video footage of our day walker

Hi Rainy,

thanks for the video. I’m glad to hear that night time patterns have returned for this little chap or chapess and that hes eating and drinking well. From my perspective I would conclude that the day time appearance was hunger related desperation – that little hog is / was very thin in the video – when you see the rear haunches through the spiky coat as the video shows up, they are pretty much on the brink of starvation and they look rugby ball shaped when they curl up. His legs also looked very thin. The spiky coat hides how thin they can get underneath. when you’ve seen him more recently is he looking a little rounder at all? keep up the good work – you’ve probably saved this little one’s life at the crucial point.

Hedgehog