Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat What to feed hedgehogs Reply To: What to feed hedgehogs

Hi Wildlifehaven
I tend to follow this sites advice for feeding hedgehogs. I have just introduced
suet pellets with Insects. I cants give them wet dog or cat food because we have so many foxes and cats around. I have had cats crawl through the tunnels and the little fox cubs would have no trouble. I will try again with dried kitten chicken cat food and see if the cats try to get it.

What I want to know is, what is best sunflower hearts or sunflower seeds. I always used sunflower hearts but able reading the latest advice now I am
not so sure. I have just I added sunflower seeds to the mix.

Trying hard to get the neighbours involved. The chap across the road is desperate to get hogs in to his garden. I showed his child my hogs I brought back form oak and furrows before I released them because he has ever seen a hedgehog and he was desperate to see a wild hedgehog. I have lent him
my camera and one of my feeding stations to see what he gets. His next
door neighbour is going to dig a trench after I advised her the gaps were not big enough. Fortunately for me when I had new neighbours a few years ago. They are not gardeners and have kept all their big bushes and trees but just keep them tidy and they have not blocked up my hedgehog runs.

Hedgehog