Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat What to feed hedgehogs Reply To: What to feed hedgehogs

Nic

Hi Pauline

I’m sure you’re right and that hedgehogs pick up all sorts of not very suitable stuff from under bird feeders, what people feed foxes etc. But the way I see it, it makes it all the more important that those of us who feed the hogs make sure it is something really good for them.

The poor hogs have been having a bit of a tough time with all the hot and dry weather and have probably been relying on us more than usual. Thankfully, we have just had a small amount of rain here, but we really need much more and I hear there is more hot and dry weather on the way.

Good luck with the hogs there and encouraging your neighbours to help them too. It would be a great help to the hogs even if they only leave water out for them in a shallow container.

Hedgehog