Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Trail cam videos Reply To: Trail cam videos

How lovely!! I have loads of videos – have only been hog-watching since the beginning of May! but I am now trying to be a bit more selective about the ones I keep! I have a few ‘rolling and biffing” sequences and loads of them running straight across the viewfinder! Others are of them drinking – I have a large glazed plant pot saucer which they like to paddle in at the same time as drinking – sadly the last one gets quite a lot of grit! My camera is set up about 4ft away from the feeding station which is still a bit too close as much of the action takes place at the edge – apart from squeezing into the feeding station and/or drinking – but I don’t have any alternative location to put either the camera or the food without making the food a permanent garden ‘feature’ and I am sure the hogs are happier to have it all quite secluded. My cat did take some interest but we often get visits from a neighbours cat who just sniffs and then walks away – once she cant reach the food she looses interest!

Hedgehog